Flamingo Feature Overview¶
- lightweight, powerful and fast (web) application framework.
- flexible configuration concepts via yml, supporting different contexts
powerful dependency injection (see dingo):
- inject configurations
- automatic injection of struct types
- automatic provider generation
- flexible bindings with tagging support for binding slices and maps etc
- overloading bindings
- scope bindings (singleton etc)
- flexible routing with support for prefix-routes, powerful path notation and flexible assignments of actions.
- build in support for distributed tracing (opencensus)
powerful templating based on pug templates and flamingo-carotene:
supporting mixins and easy scripting
- allows to structure templates with reusable parts - for example following the "atomic design pattern"
- allows for separate independent frontend build pipeline. (flamingo-carotene comes with a build pipeline that can be used out of the box)
- super fast parallel template rendering supported
- support for building progressive web apps
- session and logging usage made easy
Growing set of tested and proven core modules, e.g. for
- form handling
- Opinionated structures for Flamingo modules, that implements the pattern of domain driven design and ports and adapters.
- Full featured flamingo-commerce modules that empowers you to build flexible e-commerce applications on top of any (micro) service-architecture.